In this smoking hot episode of the BN Pod, Aksel Klausen returns for banter-filled spitballing on ancient Scandinavia and new old news from European prehistory. Like, Whatever happened to that frickin’ viking ship (?) from episode 14, and what's up with these Viking Era mortuary houses?
Some of the subjects tackled this time around:
- The Crossroads exhibit at the Art & History Museum, Brussels.
- Migration period identity.
- Aksel's time travel hitlist.
- Preliminary results from the Gjellestad ship excavation.
- Democratization of Viking burial practice.
- A phallic stone from Bronze Age Sweden.
- Iron Age mortuary houses.
- Eirik's dream burial.
- Hollow promises of future podcast subjects.
- The afterlife, reincarnation, and Germanic naming conventions.
Wanna support Brute Norse's retroactive raids against the persistent mediocrity of the modern condition? Well, you may do so by pleding to Brute Norse on Patreon, in exchange for a reward that suits your effort, including 20% off of all merchandise in the Brute Norse Teespring store, Discord access, and more!
Some topical links for this episode:
Help name the new moons of Saturn:
Why are adult daughters missing from ancient German cemeteries?
The Crossroads exhibit at the Art & History Museum, Brussels:
The recent Gjellestad ship excavations:
"The Rollsbo Penis":
A recently excavated Viking Era mortuary house: